trewen

trewen

i just want to read

Since the Surrender (Pennyroyal Green Series #3)

Since the Surrender - Julie Anne Long POSSIBLY VERY MINOR SPOILERS:I was a bit disappointed in this book. Maybe I expected too much because I loved the first two in the series.Although I generally liked both H/h, I didn't feel like I got to know them. I should have. There was sure plenty of internal monologue! There was way too much narration for my taste. I like more dialog between the characters. In fact my favorite part of the book involved the interaction with the street urchin, Liam.There was some good sexual tension and the love scenes were hot, but I was distracted by their timing. Right in the middle of an apparently dangerous time. It was ridiculous. THEN, the book basically falls apart for me. The last 20% of the book dragged on and on. How long was that tunnel any way! Sheesh! And the wrap-up to the mystery was so anticlimactic that I felt like I was watching an old Scooby Doo show. "I would have gotten away with it if it hadn't 'ave been for you meddling kids!" It felt like JAL needed to fill pages and lost her focus.I don't know...I guess this was supposed to be tongue-in-cheek humor. Maybe I just didn't get it.