trewen

trewen

i just want to read

Only You - Elizabeth Lowell How on earth does a woman fall in love with a self-righteous, arrogant, judgmental SOB like Reno Moran?!?!My god what a dick. First, his reasoning for mistrusting all women was weak. Then, every time the guy gets a hard on, he blames Eve and calls her (and EVERY woman) a tease. Then he thinks it's his due to be able to use Eve (and EVERY woman) and throw her away when he's done....and no, no thought to knocking her up.And Eve. She is so desperate for someone to touch/like/love her,that she allows Reno to treat her like dirt and she still gets excited by him. Huh. I'm sorry, this just wasn't congruent with how strong and intelligent she was. I almost didn't finish this book. Reno made me so mad. Then he's kind of nice for a while but he still had all of his ridiculous expectations and I didn't see enough contrition. At this point I was ready to give it 1 star.The very last scene, which was very short, (and I still wanted to see him grovel and he didn't)bumped it up one more star. I'm hoping book 4 has a hero I can tolerate. #'s 2 and 3 left me unsatisfied.