trewen

trewen

i just want to read

Take This Regret  - A.L. Jackson WOW. Just…WOW! This story evokes some very powerful emotions!Take This Regret is written in 1st person POV, through BOTH main characters.Each chapter alternates between Christian and Elizabeth.I loved that!So many romance novels, if written in 1st person, write through the heroines POV and I miss knowing what the hero is thinking and feeling.In this story, I had a clear and personal view of both.And I felt EVERY emotion as though it were my own.The heartbreak, anger and fear that Elizabeth experiences. The joy she feels in her daughter, Lizzie. How she’s left with very deep wounds and a fear of abandonment.How trusting and loving can open one to more hurt. The experience was so realistic.Christian’s guilt and self-loathing from his choices and the overwhelming love of his little girl was so tangible. My heart broke for him and I found him to be a very loveable and patient man despite his mistakes. Watching Christian fall in love with Lizzie was just so tender and sweet.And Lizzie was absolutely adorable and a much needed reprieve from the emotions in this story.The journey of this story is angsty and heart wrenching but was fluid. It guided my sympathies in a authentic way. I related to both characters as the story flowed.Toward the end, even when I found myself irritated with Elizabeth, I came to understand her reaction. Well Done and highly recommended for those who love realism, angst and a powerful story.Now I need a mindless, fluffy, funny read so I can rest!This book was provided by the author for an honest review.I am in no way affiliated with the author or publisher.