trewen

trewen

i just want to read

Truly Madly Yours - Rachel Gibson 3 1/2 stars.Might be kind of SPOILERISH I had a hard time rating this book.I wanted to give it a higher rating because I did like it. I liked the plot. But...while I was reading and when I sit here to rate it, there are too many things I can't get past.1. Overly controlling mothers and adult children allowing themselves to be controlled.2. Venom being spewed by said controlling mothers when it was undeserved. And nobody telling them to shut it.3. The heroine allowing the hero to control her and losing her wits just because said hero touches or kisses her. Even though she knows he's out catting around and she doesn't want to be just "another one of him women."4. The hero being an ass to the heroine. Over and Over again. Never apologizing. And I didn't get to get inside his mind enough to hear the real reasons. I had to speculate. AND the heroine just kept welcoming him back.5. Characters who fall in love because they've had good sex a few times. These guys didn't spent enough time with each other TO fall in love.6. I didn't find ANY of the characters to be all that friendly or likable.It was all just a little too dysfunctional for me. I was left with the feeling that they had a lot of issues to overcome. hmmmmmm.........